Bioseb BIO-CIS is a new software developed to improve the repeatability of reflex nociceptive tests
: stimulated pain resistance tests are well known to be highly operator-dependant, and BIO-CIS, by displaying in real time the force vs time
, greatly helps the operator to improve their skills with the instrument.
The operator can use the software in 3 distinctive ways:
• Running a predefined number of trials and later invalidating off-limit results considering the recorded force ramp.
• Following in real time the theoretical ramp on the screen and select on a one to one basis which correct results should be saved.
• Use the data import module to send raw data directly from the instrument to an Excel spreadsheet for further analysis.
• After launching a preset or custom protocol, the application waits for values above the start threshold to be received from the sensor.
• As soon as the force value reaches the “Start Threshold”, the corresponding force/time curve is displayed on the screen.
• Measurement will stop when time reaches the “Experiment Duration” set by the operator or if the force value in grams is under the lower threshold defined by the operator.
• When measure stops, the operator can choose to either leave the real curve on the screen or erase the current curve and redo it. The MAX value is automatically stored in a table with day/time and animal/trial id. The table can be exported immediately in xls/txt format.
• Bio-CIS also includes the possibility to superimpose all the force ramps to control repeatability.
• Basic fonctions such as load/save trials are included.
• Software is Windows SEVEN 32/64 bits compatible
• Software has been developed for the following instruments from Bioseb R&D: Pincher Analgesimeter, Electronic Von Frey, Smalgo Algometer for Small Animals
• Real-time curve tracing of the applied force
• Peak force determination (as displayed on the instrument)
• Allows the definition of a theoretical ramp (force/time unit) with up-down limits to be followed and displayed during the measurement
• Curves of a group of measures can be reloaded and displayed simultaneously for a graphical overview.
• Export results to an Excel file or txt format: peak values or full measurement curves
A new export functionality
allows you to import all data from our Grip Test, Rodent Pincher, Electronic Von Frey, Smalgo, and Static Weight Bearing Test directly into Excel for further analysis!
• Sequential import of measurement data by pressing the pedal, thus sending data to the spreadsheet
• Bulk import to send all stored data into Excel
• Works with Grip Test, Rodent Pincher, Electronic Von Frey, Smalgo, and Static Weight Bearing Test
• Excel spreadsheet can be customized by teaching Bio-CIS where to write data in your file
Two possibilites are available
• Connecting using the RS232 DB9 standard serial port plug integrated to the computer
• Connecting using a USB Serial Converter: necessary for almost all recent laptop models. Bioseb can provide the adapter upon request.