The FREEZING protocol editor
allows the experimenter to build a wide variety of different protocols enabling the configuration of both standard (context-dependent fear conditioning, tone-dependent fear conditioning) and unusual user-defined protocols.
The software can run up to 8 chambers simultaneously and in a synchonized manner
. Two thresholds can be set for the detection of the animal freezing behaviour: activity (for differentiating immobility from activity) and time (for eliminating any non-specific freezing episode which duration is lower than an user-defined duration).
The run window shows the signal chart and corresponding raw data table on-line for every chamber. In each table, information about the status of the protocol is shown, together with the important parameters of the execution. Both signal chart and raw data table can be saved and reloaded for recalculating parameters using different activity and time thresholds.
As required in the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) directives and instruction, FREEZING
has been built in order to obtain traceable data: i.e. each session recorded can be linked to the corresponding experimental data (date, experimenter, animal data, protocol used, etc.).
• Onset time each freezing event has occurred
• Duration of each freezing event
• Summary table of the total amount of freezing in each state of the experiment
• Number and duration of freezing episodes in each user-defined intervals of time
Domains of application
LEARNING AND MEMORY:
- Learning disabilities associated with aging
- Alzheimer’s disease and brain damages
- Huntington's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Studies about learning and memory neurobiological mechanisms
- Learning and memory abilities in response to drugs administration
• Optimized animal movement detection for mice!!!
• Versatile software allowing the configuration of a wide variety of different protocols
• Sound frequency and amplitude controlled by software
• Synchronized running
• Provides a Subject DataBase as an alternative to manually managing subject information
• Provides traceable data for GPL compliance
• Records and stores the analogical signals for further analyses
• Blinking light available for using in experiment with distractor
• No PCI cards required (USB connection)!