The controller is designed around a new generation of switching power supplies which are smaller and lighter than the older BFS supplies
. The supplies are overrated 100% to ensure cool operation and continuous service. Safety features include over-temperature alarm with power shut down in the event of inadequate flow of cooling water or overuse of the thaw feature.
• Frozen tissue sections from most microtomes
• Fast freezing preserves cell detail
• Freeze to temperatures as low as -40°C
• Temperature adjustable for optimum cutting
• Quick thaw for easy cleanup
• No CO2 needed-minimal cost to run
Innovative New Stage Design
• An etched grid on top plate promotes better adhesion of frozen sample
• Thinner stage design reduces the need for a knife raising block.
• Waterways inside the stage are redesigned to create a single passage to improve heat transfer and reduce potential for blockage.
• Single large peltier module results in uniform temperature across the entire surface of the stage
• Redesigned mounting hardware facilitates the direct attachment of blocks or posts to the underside of the stage and a new adapter plate system allows mounting on a variety of different microtomes.
• Controller incorporates fan assisted internal cooling to maintain low internal component temperatures.
• Continuous display of both set and run temperatures
• Simple digital temperature control set-up.
• Auxiliary switched AC output for accessories (see options).
• P.I.D. microprocessor based temperature controller with autotuning feature and feedback sensor breakage alarm.
• Adjustable feet provide convenient viewing angle for display
• Temperature control to within 0.5°C in the range of -40°C to ambient
• Thaw switch to quickly release frozen samples
• Water Pump and Tank Unit
• In-Line Sediment Water Filter