! NEW RESEARCH WORK !
A recent publication
by Y. Simonin, Y. Charron, P. Sonderegger, J.-D. Vassalli, A. C. Kato. in "The Journal of Neurosciences" highlights the merits of using Bioseb's SEDACOM:
SErial DAta COMmunication Software
: An Inhibitor of Serine Proteases, Neuroserpin, Acts as a Neuroprotective Agent in a Mouse Model of Neurodegenerative Disease.
The new SEDACOM 2.0 version
is a very easy, convenient and cost-saving data transfer software providing an ideal environment for visualizing the registered data on a computer and exporting them in a format that simplifies any further post-analysis processes. SEDACOM
increases the functionalities of the devices, saving and listing automatically all the data of the current or stored sessions.
The name of SEDACOM comes from SErial DAta COMmunication
due to the direct communication of the BIOSEB devices to the computer through an RS232 serial port communication
. Nowadays, some optional accessories are offered for allowing the use of the USB technology making possible running experiment on a laptop, if requested.
can acquire data from up to 9 devices at the same time, limited exclusively by the number of series ports available on the computer. An additional hub or board with serial ports (not included) can be installed to expand the number of connections. SEDACOM
will automatically recognize the number of systems connected.
• Subject & Session data
• Numerical data tables with all the values and parameters generated by the BIOSEB devices
Domains of applicationSEDACOM
can be used with a wide range of devices from several lines of BIOSEB products for measuring physiology and behaviour in small laboratory animals (motor activity, pain sensitivity, body temperature, memory etc.).
You can use it with, for example:
• ELECTRONIC VON FREY
• IR ACTIMETER
• NON-INVASIVE BLOOD PRESSURE
• PASSIVE AVOIDANCE BOX
• RAT PAW PRESSURE
• SHUTTLE BOX
• TAIL-FLICK METER
• Polyvalent software
• RS232/USB communication
• New Runtime panels using tabular structure for saving time in the data post-analysis process
• New editable fields for Subjects and Groups information
• The data can be saved in a new experimental file (SED) and opened later for adding a new set of data
• Direct exportation to Excel, txt and htm formats for further data processing, statistics and presentation
• Configure & control your device directly from SEDACOM (available for some devices: IR actimeter, Treadmill…)
• New USB Installation and License key (everything included in 1 USB key)
• Trial version available!
You will find more details on the SEDACOM in asking for the user manual.