The 5/9 hole box
is assembled with black aluminium walls and a transparent front door.
The box is equipped with an arc of 9 contiguous apertures set into the rear wall, a house light, a food pellet dispenser and a ‘pusher’ to detect the nose-pokes into the food holder. The holes not used in the experiment may be blocked up using a metal insert. Each hole is equipped with photocell beams and internal LED providing visual cues specific to each hole. The intensity of the LED can be adjusted in Link Box using the digital selector.
9-Holes box with 9 pellet dispenser
Our solution is easy-to-wash and offers a solid design as well as great flexibility to accommodate all your research needs
Different experimental paradigms for sustained attention, animal models of impulsive behavior and lateralized-discrimination task can be conducted using the BIOSEB chamber.
As an example, in the 5-choice serial reaction time task, short-lasting stimuli are given in pseudo-randomised order in one of the holes of the cage (commonly, hole 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9). If the animal nose-pokes into the correct hole, a reinforcement (pellet) is given. If the animal nose-pokes into an incorrect hole, a time-out period (no light) is given and next trial begins.
The choice accuracy (% of correct responses) gives an idea of the functional integrity of the attention as well as learning processes.
These parameters are mostly altered in animal models of schizophrenia and Alzheimer diseases.
• Number of correct responses
• Number of incorrect responses
• Number of persevering actions
• Number of omissions
• Number of anticipatory responses
• Number of trials performed
• Responses Latency
• Reinforcement (food, drink) intake latency
• Number of responses during the time-out
• And many user-defined parameters...
2 models are available: LE507 for mice and LE509 for rats
• Entirely modular box
• Easily removable tray
• Easily washable
• Solid design
• Hole leds with adjustable intensity
• Associated with a very complete and flexible software
• Personalized scientific support
• Up to 8 stations can be connected at once to PC through a single.
Domains of application
• Attention performance using visual discrimination
• Neurodegenerative diseases related to aging
• Drug Screening
• Exploration of a wide variety of cognitive processes
• Continuous performance task (CPT) studies