! NEW RESEARCH WORK !
A recent publication
by J Jeanblanc, E Bourguet, D Sketriené, C Gonzalez, G Moroy, R Legastelois, M Létévé, A Trussardi-Régnier, M Naassila in "Psychopharmacology" highlights the merits of using Bioseb's Packwin
: Interest of new alkylsulfonylhydrazide-type compound in the treatment of alcohol use disorders
PresentationPACKWIN is a user-friendly and versatile Software platform
developed with the aim to offer a powerful tool for conducting a wide range of experiments in different types of behaviour chambers. It typically controls the BIOSEB standard chambers for operant conditioning, self-administration, 5/9 hole and Vogel test, but its range of compatibility allows working with other behavioural chambers for Active/Passive avoidance and fear conditioning experiments...
Due to his new modular structure, PACKWIN 2.0.
can be used in a highly flexible structure (Customised module – CS) allowing the experimenter to build a wide variety of different protocols for the configuration of basic programs for operant procedure (fixed and variable ratio, fixed or variable interval, fixed or variable DRL, positive and negative reinforcement, extinction, probability to obtain a reinforcement, etc.) with or without discriminative stimuli (light, sound) as well as more specific and complex user-defined protocols (conflict, DMTS, 5 choice serial reaction task etc.). Give the PACKWIN state-editor tool the opportunity to surprise yourself by its straightforwardness (no need of specific programming skills)!! A great number of editable raw data table and outpout numeric data&graph reports are provided integrated in the all-in-one structure of the software.
also offers new specific experimental modules providing convenient protocol editor templates and ready-to-use run panels and data reports directly targeted to specific standard experiments such as the 5-choice Serial Reaction Time Task (5/9 hole module – HO) and the Vogel test.
In PACKWIN 2.0 version
• Customized Summary report (experiment duration, response related data: number, latencies, duration, rate, Inter-Response time, ...)
• Response by time report (number of response by user-defined intervals of time)
• Response pattern report by group (pattern plot of response distribution along the time)
• Single-sessions reports (Events history, Acquisition Replay, Cumulated curve and Response pattern plots)
State editor tool
Domains of application
- The most prevalent of the psychiatric diseases
- Anxiety disorders
- Divided attention
- Selective attention
- Attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the most commonly psychiatric disorder of childhood
- Age-related decline of memory performances
- Normal, transient unhappiness
- Pathological states of hopelessness
• LEARNING AND MEMORY
- Learning disabilities associated with aging
- Alzheimer’s disease and brain damages
- Huntington's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Studies about learning and memory neurobiological mechanisms
- Learning and memory abilities in response to drugs administration
• REWARD AND ADDICTION
- Compulsive behavior which is reinforced or rewarded
- Drug addiction
- Chronic drug abuse
• Even more user-friendly interface!
• Aperture assistant and experimental tool bar
• Modular structure (targeted to specific experiments or fully customizable)
• Straigthforward “State-Editor” tool for protocol configurations (no need of specific programming skills)
• Assistant panels and specific reports for 5/9 holes procedures and Vogel test
• Operant chamber simulator tool (unique feature in the market!)
• Test boxes function for hardware checking purpose
• Built-in Yoked procedure settings
• Optimal data traceability
• Integrated potent analysis module and plot makers
• Batch analysis and direct exportation to Excel (1 session per row)
• Tailor-made Experimental Configuration Setups upon request