is a powerful and user-friendly tool which protocol editor allows the experimenter to build a wide variety of different protocols enabling the configuration of both standard (startle reflex habituation, prepulse inhibition of startle reflex, fear-potentiated startle reflex) and unusual user-defined protocols.
The software can run up to 8 chambers simultaneously and in a synchonized manner
. Provide standardized data
(maximum amplitude and latency to maximum) in an automated manner
. Two activity threshold can also be set for an accurate user-controlled evaluation of additional parameters such as duration, average or latency to the onset response.
The run window shows the signal chart and corresponding raw data table on-line for every chamber. In each table, information about the status of the protocol is shown, together with the important parameters of the execution. Both signal chart and raw data table can be saved and reloaded for recalculating parameters using different activity thresholds.
As required in the Good Laboratory Practice(GLP) directives and instruction, STARTLE
has been built in order to obtain traceable data
: i.e. each session recorded can be linked to the corresponding experimental data (date, experimenter, animal data, protocol used, etc.).
• Maximum amplitude of startle response
• Latency until the maximum amplitude of startle response
• Duration of startle response
• Latency until the begining of startle response
• Average of the startle response
Domains of application
- Divided attention
- Selective attention
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the most commonly psychiatric disorder of childhood
- Age-related decline of memory performances
• LEARNING AND MEMORY:
- Learning disabilities associated with aging
- Alzheimer’s disease and brain damages
- Huntington's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Studies about learning and memory neurobiological mechanisms
- Learning and memory abilities in response to drugs administration
• SENSORIMOTOR AND COORDINATION
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
• Optimized animal movement detection for mice!!!
• Versatile software allowing the configuration of a wide variety of different protocols
• Sound frequency and amplitude controlled by software
• Synchronized running
• Provides a Subject DataBase as an alternative to manually managing subject information
• Provides traceable data for GPL compliance
• Records and stores the analogical signals for further analyses
• No PCI cards required (USB connection)!