The ETH-256 is a high performance general-purpose life science research amplifier
. Its high input impedance and high CMR allow faithful low noise recording of biopotential (ECG,EMG,EEG) signals, as well as outputs from strain gauge type transducers, such as force, displacement and pressure.
Each channel can provide ±5.0V of excitation at 50 mA, adequate for most commonly used transducers. In addition, customers may specify adapter cables to accommodate Grass, Gould or HP sensors.
The ETH-256 offers eight gain settings, x1, x5, x10, x50, x100, x500, x1k and x5k. Signals may be further conditioned using high and low pass frequency filters. All filters are four pole active design with sharp roll offs. High pass filter cuts, useful for biopotential measurements, are available at DC, 0.03 Hz, 0.3 Hz and 3 Hz. Low pass filters, useful for limiting high frequency noise, are available at 5 Hz, 50 Hz, 150 Hz, 2 kHz and 10 kHz.
Either of the ETH-256 amplifier's channels may be configured as a bridge-style transducer amplifier or as a biopotential amplifier. In bridge mode the ETH-256 amplifier's 10 GW input impedance and differential input allow it to accept input from force, displacement or pressure transducers. In addition, input from many thermistors, pH electrodes and other variable resistance devices is possible.
In the biopotential mode, the ETH-256 functions as a low noise AC coupled preamplifier for the recording of biopotentials. A three-lead cable with integral isolation amplifiers is provided to allow safe surface recording of ECG, EMG and EEG signals from human subjects.
ETH-256C: includes the C-ISO-256 isolated headstage
for recording ECG, EMG, and EEG signals from humans
• 8 different gain settings: x1, x5, x10, x50, x100, x500, x1k and x5k
• Channels may be configured as a bridge-style transducer amplifier or as a biopotential amplifier
• Low noise AC coupled preamplifier
• All filters four pole active design with sharp roll offs
• High pass and low pass filters
• Three-lead cable with integral isolation provided
Domains of application
• Low noise recording of biopotential(ECG,EMG,EEG) signals in humans
• Outputs from strain gauge type transducers, such as force, displacement and pressure
• Biopotential amplifier
• Teaching or research context for all physiology applications