Bioseb has developed a really simple-to-use and miniature actimetry system. The instrument uses weight to measure the locomotion and includes exhaustive functions to quantify rodent activity over short or long periods of time. It is usually set over up to 48 hours to quantify the activity over the circadian cycle.
With a very competitive pricing for 1 to 8 cages, it is a 'must' when you need to simply quantify the locomotor phenotype of your mice and rats. The ACTIVMETER allows the accurate measurement of the rodent's activity in its familiar environment using the animal's ‘Home Cage' (including grid, pellets and bottle), and it can also be used in any other kind of environment (open field, etc.).
The Bioseb Activmeter uses 4 force sensors located at the 4 corners of the cage in order to precisely measure the movements of the animal with a precision of 1 centimeter. The fine analysis, in grams, of the distribution of forces on these sensors allows not only a measurement of the mobile activity of the animal but also of the immobile activity (grooming etc..). In addition, the software integrates algorithms to eliminate various biases such as litter movement in the cage and allows to follow the animal whatever the environmental conditions (food, drink, light...).
Why should you use Bioseb ActivMeter BIO-ACTIV2 ?
• No curiosity bias or habituation
• No surgery
• Use platform with mice or rat cages
• Small footprint saves bench/rack space
• Up to 8 platforms connect to a single data interface and PC
Activity Expressed in Real Terms
• Distance (cm) & duration (s)
• No “count” or arbitrary units
Longitudinal Data Collection in All Light Conditions
• Up to 48hr slice of life
Multi-Format Data Display
• 3 states recognized : immobile/slow movement/fast movement
• Data Table, Actigraph, Heat Map, Nest Drawing
- 1 cm
- Data output
- Dimensions - Animal container
- Eurostandard Type II L for Mice and type III for rats
- Dimensions - Overall
- L :536 x l : 286 x h : 71,5 mm
- Experimental subjects
- Mice and Rats
- Number of animals
- 1 animal per Platform - Up to 8 platforms connected to 1 Software
- Experiment time from 300 seconds to 48 hours
- Sampling rate
- 80 Hz
- Included dedicated software